About -> Environment
About -> Environment
Initially the preparatory year for medical studies (APEM, SN1) were done at the Faculty of Sciences and then at Pavilion I of the former faculty (former pavilion Antoine Kassar), Pavilion II including 3 amphitheaters with 100 seats each at the Charles Nicolle Hospital, then at Pavilion III (200-seat amphitheater plus Library) of the former faculty and Pavilions IV and V of the former faculty of 500 seats each with a library and a revision room.
The current premises of the Faculty of Medicine of Tunis consist of:
The Faculty of Medicine of Tunis has over 300 trainings sites :
One of the oldest institutions of university education, the Faculty of Medicine of Tunis began its activities in 1964 with a first class of 59 students.
At present, the number of students is 3656 in first and second cycle of medical studies as well as interns. This is not counting the candidates enrolled in the various masters and C.E.C whose number is close to 1000.
The faculty also has a large number of teachers, mainly university hospitals. In 2018, we have more than 1400 academics who most often work in university hospitals at the same time to provide care for the sick as well as the supervision of trainees (external, internal and resident).
Until December 2018, more than 10,000 doctoral state thesis in medicine were held at the Faculty of Medicine of Tunis. The first thesis was held, meanwhile, in 1971.
The organization of education and administrative and financial affairs is carried out by administrative and working staff, full-time and temporary, under the supervision and coordination of a secretary general, a director of studies, a director of training and a Dean.
The number of staff now reaches 120 employees
Concerning the premises, the faculty has an administrative building, 6 amphitheater with a capacity of 100 to 300 places each, a 500-seat ceremonial amphitheater, 24 classrooms, 12 laboratories with rooms equipped with teaching desks, a library, a media library, a thesis room, an experimental medicine unit, an electronic microscopy pavilion, sport, refreshment…
Some research laboratories have heavy equipment such as the atomic absorption spectrometer.
The faculty also has four car parks (students, administrative staff, teachers, members of the scientific council and chairmen of juries)